Prof. C.S.Shastry completed B.Pharm with gold medal from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (1981) and M.Pharm in Pharmacology with first division from Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore (1984). He was awarded Ph.D degree from Kuvempu University for the thesis titled “Synthesis and pharmacological studies on analogues of Chloramphenicol” in 2004. He has worked in Pharmaceutical industry for six years in different capacities – senior pharmacist, quality control head and production manager responsible for the manufacturing of surgical sutures and other formulations. He is an approved manufacturing chemist for the production of schedule C drugs. He joined academics in 1989 and has worked as lecturer, Assistant professor and professor in different pharmacy colleges. He joined NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Science in November 2009 as Principal. He has more than 20 years of teaching experience.
- Member of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences board of studies,
- Examiner/valuer/paper setter for various universities
- Inspector, Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi.
- Member, local Inspection Committee of RGUHS Inspector, Karnataka State Pharmacy Council.
- Member, Shree Dhanvantary Pharmacy College Governing body
- Member, Association of Community Pharmacists of India.
- RGUHS approved PG guide (Pharmacy discipline)
- Approved Ph.D guide of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.
- Approved manufacturing chemist for the production of schedule C drugs.
Number of publications : 86
Number of presentations : 14
No. of PG students guided : 13
No. of PG students guiding : -
No. of Ph.D. students guided : 02
No. of Ph.D. students guiding : 03
1. Reviewer of Journal of Ethnopharmacology
2. Reviewer for Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences (RJPS)
3. Reviewer for Carbohydrate polymers
4. Member, Editorial board of Annals of Phytomedicine
5. Reviewer for Indian Streams Research Journal
6. African Journal of Plant Science
Funded project as principal investigator
- Evaluation of Radio Protective Potential of Some Indigenous Medicinal Plants of Western Ghats of KKarnatakahaving Phytochemicals containing thiol moiety” from Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India. Grant of Rs. 14,14,883.00
- Development of fungicidal formulation for the management of fruit rot (Kole roga) of arecanut ( Areca catechu) caused by phytophthora arecaea by CAMPCO Ltd.
- Pharmacological evaluation of Bio-active molecules from the plants mentioned in Indian system of medicine for the treatment of cognitive disorders” by Karnataka Fund for Improvement of Science and Technology Infrastructure (K- FIST) in Higher Educational Institutions. Grant Of Rs. 20,00,000.00
Workshop grant of Rs. 25,000.00 from Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for organizing a workshop on “Conservation of Medicinal Plant and Preservation of Traditional Medicinal Plant Knowledge Base” during July 2011