The department has 6 laboratories – 3 undergraduate labs, a postgraduate lab, an Instrumental and Biomedical Analysis lab and a sophisticated Instrument Room. These are equipped with instruments like the FTIR, Colorimeter, Nephelo turbidity meter, Flame photometer, Potentiometer, Analytical weighing balances, UV-VIS spectrophotometers, HPLC, Centrifuge, Magnetic stirrers with thermostat, Mechanical stirrers, Fuming hood, Digital and manual fluorimeter, Conductometer, Distillation unit, Muffle furnace and Suction pumps etc.
Post graduate students are involved in the synthesis, structural elucidation and screening of new chemical entities (NCEs) for biological activities. The department has experienced, qualified faculty who are engaged in active research.
Thrust areas of research
1. Dr. K. Ishwar Bhat M.Sc., Ph.D., Professor
2. Dr. Ronald Fernandes M.Sc., Ph.D., Professor
3. Dr. Jennifer Fernandes M.Pharm, Ph.D., Professor
4. Dr. Jane T. Jacob M.Pharm, Ph.D., Assoc. Professor
5. Dr. Prerana Shetty M.Sc., Ph.D., Assoc. Professor
6. Dr. B. C. Revannasiddappa M.Pharm, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Grade - III
7. Dr. Abhishek Kumar M.Pharm, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Grade - II
8. Dr. Jainey P. James M.Pharm, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Grade - III
9. Dr. Pankaj Kumar MS(Pharm), Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Grade - III
10. Mr. M. Vijay Kumar M.Pharm, Asst. Prof. Grade - I
- Synthetic organic chemistry
- Analytical chemistry
The department has conducted several research activities in collaboration with Mangaluru University and the NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte.